Wednesday, June 1, 2011

My experience in Nicaragua (Seth)

My experience in Casa-Nica was fun sometimes, but most of the time it was hard work. The hardest of the jobs was the zoo that we volunteered at, but we got to see some pretty cool animals. That was the only physical hard work, other than digging holes for plants at the special school. We also worked at a school helping adults and kids learn English and that was pretty fun and I got to meet some pretty cool people .On the second part of the trip we stayed at a place called El Castillo which was a fort for the Spanish. They used it to defend their territory. The only bad thing that happened in El Castillo was that I got an infected throat and an infection in my eyes. My room also had a bat in it, but other than that I met a lot of cool people and I wouldn't take back this experience.

P.S. The work I did here at Casa-Nica was very hard, but it also helped me build endurance to that kind of work and not give up after an hour of work. So I appreciate the experience now when there's a lot of manual labor that needs to be done, I won't complain as much.

No comments:

Post a Comment